Sculptures at the Ringling Museum.
In 1925 John Ringling traveled in Europe and carefully selected
sculpture, to represent the best in Classical Art, from the Chiurazzi foundry in Napels.
They had the privilege of making their molds directly from Roman antiquities.
The sculpture was meant for John's Ritz Carlton Hotel, being built on
the southern tip of Longboat Key. Two years later, when his funds dried up and the hotel
project sralled, John decided to put these sculptures in the museum, which was being built
on his 32 acre grounds on Shell Beach, where Ca' d'Zan was recently completed.
Scroll it around.